Founded in 1940, Berean is a Jesus-centered community of sinners saved by grace. We believe that Christ's obedient life and atoning death purchased for us - by the power of the Holy Spirit - everything we need to stand justified before the Father. It is in the light of this glorious truth that we gather each week to worship God and edify one another.
The Scriptures reveal to us that we are saved by grace through faith in Christ alone, for God's glory. We dig through those Scriptures every Sunday - verse by verse - to discover again and again how the text points us to hope in Christ...Who is the "hope of glory!" (Col. 1:27)
To engage in Kingdom-Building and Church-Planting.
To be a family of worshippers whose commitment to discipleship, relationships with one another, and outreach to the lost all center upon the Word of God as our foundation, the glory of God as our focus, and the gospel of Jesus Christ as the fountain of our hope.
A Family of Worshipers: We purpose to be a body of believers so captivated by Jesus Christ and His gospel that we respond with lives filled with worship. Such worship should find its expression in exalting the Savior through the faithful exposition of His Word, the celebration of the ordinances, and the encouraging of one another through the public reading of Scripture, singing, prayer, and service.
A Community of Disciples: We purpose to declare the manifest wisdom of God to a watching world through our relationships with one another by submitting to God-ordained authorities, committing to discipleship of the body, and cultivating biblical fellowship and sanctifying relationships.
Ambassadors of Christ: We purpose to share the life-giving gospel of Christ with the world, to see God exalted as He makes disciples of every tribe, tongue, and nation by sending equipped believers out to evangelize in their communities, calling the community to our Lord through church-sponsored evangelistic events, ministering to the poor and needy, planting new local churches, and partnering with teams and movements in worldwide missions, including challenging and commissioning people from our own church family to worldwide missions.
- We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is the disclosure of God’s truth and is perfect, reliable and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all people are sinners by nature and choice and are therefore completely unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure, except by His mercy and grace.
- We believe that sinners are saved by God based upon His sovereign choice. We believe His choice is based on His grace, not on any human individual merit, or foreseen faith.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His morally and ethically perfect life and sacrificial, substitutionary death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
- We believe that baptism by immersion and communion as a memorial are ordinances of the Church, blessings to God’s people and symbols of Christ’s saving work for believing sinners.
- We believe that God gifted the church with two offices: Pastor, responsible for shepherding the people of God through teaching, prayer and administration and; Deacons, responsible for serving the church by undertaking necessary and desired church ministry to free pastors for the work of shepherding the congregation of God.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.