What We Believe
- We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is the disclosure of God’s truth and is perfect, reliable and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all people are sinners by nature and choice and are therefore completely unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure, except by His mercy and grace.
- We believe that sinners are saved by God based upon His sovereign choice. We believe His choice is based on His grace, not on any human individual merit, or foreseen faith.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His morally and ethically perfect life and sacrificial, substitutionary death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
- We believe that baptism by immersion and communion as a memorial are ordinances of the Church, blessings to God’s people and symbols of Christ’s saving work for believing sinners.
- We believe that God gifted the church with two offices: Pastor, responsible for shepherding the people of God through teaching, prayer and administration and; Deacons, responsible for serving the church by undertaking necessary and desired church ministry to free pastors for the work of shepherding the congregation of God.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
For a more detailed explanation of our convictions and beliefs please review our full Faith Statement. You can obtain a PDF version of the faith statement by emailing the office: firstname.lastname@example.org.